Afghanistan: Taliban on early morning Friday announced the launch of their new spring offensive throughout Afghanistan dubbed ‘al-Fath Operations’ by the Taliban.
The statement in multiple languages announcing the launch of new spring offensive was released by Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid.
Full Taliban statement in English
Earlier, Abdul Hadi Arghandewal, a member of the Afghan leadership council for reconciliation, said more discussions on the Afghan negotiation team were needed — pushing the start of the talks in Doha back to April 19.
On Thursday, Pakistan Foreign Office announced that although Pakistan supports Doha talks, it won’t be a part of them.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid late on April 11 told RFE/RL’s Radio Mashaal and the Afghan Islamic Press (AIP) that the Taliban’s representatives in Qatar had been informed by the UN Security Council that the names of Taliban figures who are part of the negotiation team had been removed from the sanctions list.
Afghan Taliban sanctions: The United Nations has also granted "limited" asset freeze exemptions to Taliban negotiators. The UN lifted sanctions for 9 months against the Taliban political envoys including Qatar office head Mullah Bardar and 5 ex-Guantanamo inmates. pic.twitter.com/squT9fvt4j