Austria

The list of people suspected of being accomplices of a jihadist gunman who carried out a deadly attack in Vienna has grown to 21, prosecution spokeswoman Nina Bussek says.

The suspects, aged between 16 and 28, did not directly take part in the shooting spree in which five people including the attacker died last week, leading police investigator Michael Lohnegger told a press conference in Vienna.

Ten of the suspects have been been placed in custody.

 

 

Read full story here

Twitter thread on the Vienna terror attack can be found here

November 17, 2020

Vienna terror attack: Austrian police investigating 21 potential accomplices

The list of people suspected of being accomplices of a jihadist gunman who carried out a deadly attack in Vienna has grown to 21, prosecution spokeswoman […]
September 30, 2018

Austrian government wants to ban Rabia hand sign of Muslim Brotherhood

Austria: According to reports in European media, Austrian government is planning to ban hand signs and symbols of extremist organizations, including the Rabia hand sign of […]

Get updates Every Sunday

Subscribe to our newsletter.